Thursday, January 22, 2015

Palms Today

Being shamefully and overwhelmingly undereducated about Africa and its culture, I felt that I needed some socialization to the things that are being referred to often in the story.  One of these examples is palms.  From what can be easily understood from the story, this resource is very important to the everyday life in the tribe, next to yams.  So when a link to the palm oil debate came up on the African news section on the Guardian specifically palm oil.  While browsing through the African news section of the Guardian, I came across a link that stated The Palm Oil Debate. 

The knowledge that I gained from this is that I am more closely tied with Africa and this staple than I originally thought.  And it is not only important in the book, but still, if not more important now since a larger amount of people are dependent and gain from this resource.


Link the The Story of Palm Oil: http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/ng-interactive/2014/nov/10/palm-oil-rainforest-cupboard-interactive

No comments:

Post a Comment